Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Yuma, Arizona

While in Yuma we were blessed to stay at my mom's house. We used the time to prepare for our trip. Jorge and Martin did some renovation work at my uncle's restaurant. Erika, Conny and I worked on making a photo display board and a photo album of Bocachica to take on our trip. On April 1st we were invited to speak at Centro Familiar Cristiano Buenas Nuevas, the church that Jorge and I have been attending since we arrived to Yuma.
The five of us at Buenas Nuevas Church. April 1st, Yuma, AZ.
Jorge and I with the pastors of Buenas Nuevas, Jorge & Maribel Orozco.
Tacos de Cabeza (cow head tacos) after the service! Yum, yum!

Erika and Conny were a huge help with the photo album and display board...I never would have gotten it done on time without them.

Jorge and Martin (below) working at the new restaurant.



Dinner at Bubba's (My Uncle John's restaurant)





The Yuma Desert!

Erika, Martin and I climbed up to the top of the sand dunes just outside of Yuma.



At the Yuma Museum...

My Uncle John and Aunt Margie invited us to their house for a great steak dinner the night before we left on our trip.A last minute visit by our friend Juan Hector from San Luis, Mexico, just across the border. Juan Hector and his wife are youth pastors at thier church and have a beautiful family!
Mom and Maw Maw, just outside the front door of their house.

The gang in front of Mom's house just before we left town.





Fitting all of our luggage into the trunk was a big challenge but the guys finally got everything in!! Since we didn't fit into mine and Jorge's car, my mom has very generously loaned us her car for our road trip. I dont' know what we would have done without it!

1 comment:

Desteni said...

Hey Guys!
Looks like you are having a good trip. Our DTS graduates on the 16th of June and I hope to go to Bocachica after that for a week. Will you guys be back?