Saturday, August 09, 2008

A Message from Blanca Rosa

Many of you know Blanca Rosa who was on staff with us for 3 years before she served for a year in Costa Rica. She has been back with us this year supervising the Hospitality Department and it´s been a blessing having her back! She has big plans and we wanted to share them with you:


Hello my friends,

How are you all?? Well it’s been a while since I last communicated with you all and I wish to share with you all what’s been happening during this time. In my last letter I shared with you about my desire to go to South Africa. At the time I wanted to travel to South Africa in July, but I ran into a few problems to do the application for the South Africa Visa because here in Colombia there isn’t a Embassy for South Africa, and they didn’t give me the right information about the application process that I needed to do in a different country outside of Colombia, like Venezuela. And so this slowed down the process that made it impossible for me to receive my South Africa Visa in July.

Finally yesterday my Visa for South Africa arrived and all was worth it because I’ve received a Visa for one year as a volunteer missionary and I know that God was in this process. I’m really excited about this because this is a confirmation from God that He wants me to go to South Africa. I believe that this is the door that God has opened for me at this time to enter Africa and that I can learn the English language and also get to know the culture to be able to work in African communities in the area of Community Development. Thru this whole process I have been in communication with the YWAM Base in Worcester, South African and they are waiting for me to arrive for the next English School which begins on September 9th.

And so my friends the goal is to arrive in South Africa in this time frame, but also the challenges continue for me in the area of finances to be able to complete this goal, and so I ask prayer from you that God will provide the $5000 that I will need for this next step.
If you feel led by God to participate in supporting my work financially you can make out the cheque to Blanca Rosa Salcedo Martinez and mail it to:

ECCU
P.O. Box 2400
Brea, CA
USA 92822-2400

Write on the back of the cheque, “For Deposit Only to Account #1090670

Ok my friends I would love to here from you all about how everything is going in your lives.
Thank you for your prayer and support. God’s blessings to you all. If you have any prayer requests please let me know so I can pray for you all.

With much Love,
Blanca Rosa

No comments: