Monday, January 17, 2011

New Year! New Challenges! New Tools!

This year I made pretty much the same resolutions that I've made the last couple of years. For the most part they embrace the spiritual and the physical...reading my Bible more, praying more, flossing my teeth, getting more exercise, and the hard one, getting to bed earlier! But this year is going to be different. I'm actually going to try to accomplish them. This time I have a plan. I have a strategy.

I'm using two new tools that I found on a blog I've been reading lately, A Holy Experience.


holy experience


The first tool is this:

A plan to memorize the book of Colossians in a year.

You can get all the details HERE! There is a weekly schedule to follow, a group on Facebook for encouragement and lots of tips on how to maximize your memorization skills. It's basically learning 2 new verses each week and reviewing the verses you already memorized the weeks before.

It's not too late to start. I just started yesterday and I'm already caught up! Six verses down so far!

The second tool is this:

A 100 day calendar to help cultivate new and good-for-you habits.


Yes, I love checking things off a list. I'm one of those who will add something I've already done to my "to do" list just so that I can check it off! So this tool is perfect and practical for me! It is a 100 day check off list. So, basically you pick three new habits you want to form and each day, for 100 days you do them, checking them off each day. The idea is that the check list will help motivate and remind you and then once you've done it for 100 days consecutively, well, you should be on your way to having a new habit! You can find out more about it HERE!

I know January is almost over but it's still not too late to make a fresh start!! Make your resolutions and make a plan to see it through!

No comments: