Wednesday, January 19, 2011

What Kind of Southern Girl Am I????


So this was the sad result of my attempt at making biscuits this morning.  They tasted better than they look.  As a matter of fact, on a scale of 1 to 10 Jorge originally gave me an "8".  Until I told him how they were supposed to look.  Then he lowered my score down to a "5".  Still not too bad considering.

I had a few obstacles to overcome right from the beginning.  The recipe calls for buttermilk and self rising flour.  I don't have either so I had to look on-line for recipes on how to make them.  The recipe for buttermilk called for vinegar or lemon juice and I didn't have either one, so I used lime juice.  On top of that the recipe was for 2 dozen biscuits which I really didn't want.  So I cut the recipe in half .  I never did get a consistency that I could roll out so I just blobbed them onto the pan.

I still have hopes of seeing something like this coming out of my oven:


So, I'll keep trying! 

I want to see if some day I can get a "10".   I hope I don't get too fat in the process!

No comments: