Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Casting All My Cares

For a while now I have been considering the idea of sharing some of my personal journal ponderings.  In fact, you might have noticed that over the last couple of months I have been dipping my feet in and testing the waters.

I've hesitated for a long time because of the obvious.  Do I really want to put my heart out there so that some "well-meaning" person can take the things I say the wrong way and judge me or use them against me?  That is the risk you take anytime you open your heart to another human being.

And as silly as it may be, I dread hearing from the Grammar Nazi's out there about all of my grammatical mistakes and errors in punctuation!  Don't get me wrong, I love my Grammar Nazi friends, but I've seen enough heartless hashing on Facebook to make me cringe.

Nevertheless, I have felt the nudge to just take the plunge.  I've had some family and friends encourage me and have even felt that God was prodding me.  But last night was the clincher.  I was lying in bed listening to a podcast by Shauna Niequist and when she said it, "Your story must be told", I knew God was talking to ME!

So here I am today, letting you know that if you are interested in following my journal writings, I won't be sharing them here on this blog anymore.  I'll be sharing them on a new personal blog I've started and named Casting All My Cares.  I'll still post the normal, every-day life stuff here on Keepin' up with the Silvas so keep coming by to check in on us!  By the way, if you've ever wondered if I named this blog after Keeping up with the Kardashians... NO!!!!!  NOOOOO!!!  I didn't!!  They came on the scene about a year after Keepin' up with the Silvas.  I promise!  I just wanted to clear that up!  :)




No comments: