Friday, August 29, 2014

Jorge's Oath Ceremony

On August 29, 2014 Jorge attended his oath ceremony to become a U.S. Citizen.  Unfortunately I wasn't able to be there because I was in the hospital but I am so grateful and blessed by sweet friends who made the day extra special for him!!  I know he never expected anyone else to go so he was surprised and blessed by the love and support shown!!  He spent the whole night before this at the hospital with me.  He slept all night in a chair and the next day went to the ceremony straight from the hospital!   Receiving his citizenship was a huge answer to prayer and will make our lives easier as we will no longer need special permits to travel outside of the country.  Now Jorge can come and go as he pleases!  And don't worry, Jorge is still passionately proud of his Mexican heritage... fortunately Mexico recognizes dual-citizenship so now he will be able to enjoy the benefits of both! 







No comments: